MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
Designed to shift your thinking from operational to strategic, this new accelerated Master of Business Administration (MBA) provides the tools to advance your career and deliver value and innovation to your organisation.
USQ’s online MBA is offered in consecutive 8-week teaching periods. Study at your own pace and convenience or fast-track your studies to get your qualification in 12 months full-time.
Gain relevant skills with scenario learning, real-life projects, opportunities for collaboration, and no exams.
Engage with industry sectors that drive economic productivity for the nation; in agriculture, tourism, mining, health, and education.
Two capstone courses allow you to apply your research and analytical skills to explore mega-trends, technological advances and paradigm shifts at the local and global level that have the potential to impact the future of business.
- Expand your strategic thinking capabilities and become ready to transition into executive roles regardless of industry. If you have received feedback that you need to be more strategic or demonstrate how you are strategic then this is the degree for you.
- The USQ MBA provides the capabilities and self-development for you to successfully apply for and be a serious contender for senior and executive roles. Be prepared for roles such as: CEO, Senior Executive, COO, CTO, CIO, CMO, and/or CFO.
- Completion of an Australian university 3-year bachelor degree with a GPA of at least 4.0 out of 7.0, and a minimum of 3 years' professional work experience in business with at least one years’ management or supervisory level experience, or equivalent;
- completion of an Australian university Graduate Certificate (or other AQF 8 qualification) with a GPA of at least 4.0 out of 7.0, and a minimum of 1 year's management or supervisory level work experience, or equivalent.
For applicants who do not meet the above requirements, USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Business Administration provides an articulation pathway into the Master of Business Administration (MBA).
English language requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements and this degree requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
Recognition of prior learning or work experience
If you have previously studied in your home country, you may be eligible for recognition of prior learning to reduce the number of courses that you need to study to finish your program.
If you don't meet the entry requirements, we have pathway options available to you.
- Graduate Certificate of Business Administration
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce
To complete this degree students must complete 12 units. Most courses (similar to ‘subjects’) are valued at 1 unit. To study full-time you would usually complete 2 units per teaching period.
|Courses to be studied||Units|
Core MBA courses
- Leveraging your leadership identity (compulsory starting course)
- Making decisions strategically
- Analysing business data
- Leading a high-performance culture
- Shaping organisational policy
- Balancing drivers of business performance
- Designing systems for impact
- Communicating strategically
- Mobilising your people
- Leading through a crisis
- Driving growth and innovation
- Dreaming big (capstone course)
Your actual fees may vary depending on the courses you select. We review our fees annually so these may be subject to change.
Student services and amenities fees
You may need to pay student services and amenities (SA) fees as part of your course costs.
||Application closing date
|1 - January||Friday 18 December 2020||Monday 4 January 2021||Friday 26 February 2021|
|2 - March||Friday 12 February 2021||Monday 1 March 2021||Friday 23 April 2021|
|3 - May||Friday 9 April 2021||Monday 26 April 2021||Friday 18 June 2021|
|4 - June||Friday 4 June 2021||Monday 21 June 2021||Friday 13 August 2021|
|5 - August||Friday 30 July 2021||Monday 16 August 2021||Friday 8 October 2021|
|6 - October||Friday 24 September 2021||Monday 11 October 2021||Friday 3 December 2021|
All study material will be available online on UConnect. It should be noted that as a student you may require additional textbooks from time to time. These can be ordered directly from the USQ Bookshop (Australia). (Delivery at your doorstep within five working days).
Students receive a user name and password to access the student site: UConnect. With this password, you’ll be able to join subject discussion groups and email your lecturer. All course material, assignment results and past examination papers are available on the internet.
As the Local Support Office of USQ in Africa, we are here to assist students. We assist with enrollment advice, collect fees, arrange examinations (as close to home as possible - we already have 72 centres in South Africa alone), assist students with any problems they may have and see to any administrative matters requiring our attention. (It should be noted that study materials are set up to assist students to study independently wherever they may be.)